Think about getting your clothing from your closet only to discover a cockroach inside! That could be a horrifying experience in itself. The unpleasant reality is that cockroaches are nearly impossible to control. At some point or the other, almost all Brampton, Ontario houses and business owners will discover a roach in their property. But the good part is that there are ways to cockroach control through Greater Toronto Area.
To control these infectious pests, it is firstly important to understand the warning signs that they leave behind. They are cunning little devils who know how to hide. Some of the signs to look out for are:
- Musty and unpleasant odor
- Shredded roach skin or bodies
- Cockroach faces (look like coffee grain)
- Cockroach egg capsules (look like pills)
- Smear marks through cockroach crawling
- Unusual damage on food, clothing, other things
Cockroaches aren’t simply bothersome, they are also key spreaders of dangerous diseases. They prefer dark, damp environments, and they aren’t finicky about where they receive that darkness and moisture. Corpses, open sewers, and garbage dumps are among their preferred haunts. When they enter your homes be it in Mississauga, Brampton, or Toronto located in Ontario, Canada they bring viruses with them. They have been linked to the transmission of diseases such as cholera, typhoid fever, dysentery, plague, salmonella, food poisoning and even leprosy. Since they are a source of allergen, cockroaches can potentially cause asthma and allergies in humans, particularly children. Cockroaches aren’t merely disease carriers. They are one of the most quickly producing pests that can infiltrate your homes. Some cockroach species can have dozens of progeny per mother per month. This means that if you have few breeding female cockroaches at your home or any property, then you could have hundreds of roaches within a few months.
Common Species of Cockroaches Found in Toronto, Brampton and Mississauga, Ontario, Canada:
- German cockroaches
- American cockroaches
- Asian cockroaches
- Smokey brown cockroaches
Cockroach Control : Three Key Points to Keep in Mind
Once you are aware of the signs and destruction caused by cockroaches that inhabit Mississauga, Brampton and Toronto cities of Ontario in Canada, it becomes easier to find ways to eliminate them. To get rid of cockroaches in your home, remove the three items they require for survival: food, water, and shelter.
1. Eliminate Food and Water
Cockroaches are drawn to areas where they can easily locate food and due to this reason, the kitchen becomes the hotspot for cockroaches. So, in order to keep them away make it difficult for them to hunt a meal by :
- All food should be kept in firmly sealed containers and should not be left out on the kitchen corners or platforms.
- Dishes should never be left unwashed in the sink or on the counter, particularly at night.
- Clean the crumbs and spills out of your pantry and cabinets.
- Remove crumbs and grease by cleaning them properly as these are common cockroach food sources.
- All surfaces should be cleaned, especially between appliances and counters.
- Use the vacuum and clean under the refrigerator. Scrape the food deposits out of the corners with a scraper. Clean the area around the stove burners.
- Because cockroaches eat at night, make sure to sweep or vacuum your kitchen floor every night.
- Use tight fitted lid garbage cans to throw away the waste and close it tight so cockroaches don’t find a way in it.
- Before throwing away bottles, cans, and plastics, give them a good rinse because cockroaches find soda, beer, wine, milk, and juice as an attractive food source.
2. Eliminate Shelter
Cockroaches love to hide in small spaces, therefore eliminate their hiding spots by:
- Cracks in walls, baseboards, and door frames should all be caulked.
- Caulk holes around water pipes in the kitchen and bath. These are excellent hiding spots and passageways between rooms.
- Cockroaches can easily survive inside cardboard boxes and paper bags. They eat the glue that seals the boxes and bags together and lay their eggs on it.
- Old newspapers, magazines, cardboard, paper bags, rags, and boxes should be removed. Items that are unwanted, broken, or out-of-date should be discarded. Cockroaches love to hide in all of these places.
- Clean the areas around furniture, appliances, televisions, and other electronic devices. Look for dark gaps and dark hiding locations and conceal them in the best way possible.
3. Call a Professional Pest Control Company
It is advisable to leave the control of your cockroaches, be it at your residential or commercial space to professionals who can quickly identify the types of cockroaches you are dealing with and propose the most effective treatment for cockroach control. Maple Pest Control is one of Canada’s leading pest control companies. It provides excellent services for cockroach control and other in cities like Toronto, Brampton and Mississauga and surrounding areas. Goes without a doubt, that this company will be your go to for any pest control services. We are ready to serve you with the best services. Feel free to contact us at 416-520-8575.